Water Damage - Grapevine, Texas
This Grapevine, Texas home flooded due to a water main break under the foundation. We were called in to begin the restoration process and we were able to quickly extract the water to avoid any mold growth and any further damage to building materials. When a home is flooded, it is very important to extract the water as soon as possible. The following list shows a timeline of the affects water can have on a structure:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Have Questions? Call Us Today - We're Here To Help
817-595-0004 or 817-595-2506
Follow us on Twitter @SERVPROHEBG
And Facebook/SERVPRO of Grapevine/NE Tarrant Co & HEB