Water Removal - Fort Worth, Texas
We received a call from a Fort Worth, Texas homeowner when their kitchen was flooded by an overflowing dishwasher. We were able to perform the water removal in a timely manner to avoid permanent damage to the tile and baseboards. The homeowner was very happy with our service.
This is a mess than can be avoided if you check out the tips below:
- Check the Soap You’re Using
If you purchase whatever soap you find on sale at the grocery store, you may be setting yourself up for overflow. Stay away from regular dish soaps and stick to the stuff made specifically for dishwashers. Check the owner’s manual of your dishwasher for more information.
- Fix Any Clogged Drains
A clogged drain should be given attention as soon as possible. A dishwasher drain is similar to the drain in your sink. You need to clean it occasionally.
- Make Sure the Dishwasher Is Level
Put a level at the bottom of the dishwasher and see if it’s aligned properly. If not, do what you can to rectify the situation.
- Find out How Old the Dishwasher Is
If your dishwasher is on the older side of the spectrum and has been used countless times, this may be the cause of overflow. It may be time to replace it.
- Replace the Door Gasket
The seal around your dishwasher door is called a gasket. It’s supposed to keep water from escaping, but if it’s worn or torn, it won’t work.
- Look at the Spray Arm
If the spray arm is cracked or warped, the spray pattern may change. The arm may direct water to areas of the door where there is no gasket.
- Check for Your Dishwasher’s Model Number Online
Go online and see if your dishwasher has any known defects. This will let you know if you need to worry about overflow in the future.
We are Water Removal Specialists:
- Immediate response, 24 hours/7 days per week
- FREE Inspections and FREE Estimates
- We Bill the Insurance Directly - One Less Thing for You to Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We are faster to any disaster
- We have advanced inspection and extraction equipment
Have Questions? Call Us Today - We're Here To Help
817-595-0004 or 817-595-2506
Follow us on Twitter @SERVPROHEBG
And Facebook/SERVPRO of Grapevine/NE Tarrant Co & HEB