Water Damage - Colleyville, Texas
We were called out to this Colleyville, Texas home due to irrigation pipe bursting outside.
Flooded areas are not only a hassle to clean, but can also be a threat to your health. It’s important to know what to do after you experience flood damage so that you can get your life back to normal, come back to your property, and receive speedy payment from your flood insurance claim. This article contains important steps to help you make sure the process is as quick and painless as possible.
After you’ve experienced flood damage, a flood claim has to be filed. You should expect to hear from an insurance adjuster.
Before the adjuster visits your property (before your flood claim payment can be issued), you’ll need to take important steps to prepare for the insurance claim.
TAKE THESE IMPORTANT STEPS:
- Separate damaged property from undamaged property so it’s quicker to assess what you need coverage to repair.
- Take photographs of all damaged property, including discarded objects, structural damage, and standing floodwater levels. Be careful!
- Make a list of damaged and lost items including the date of purchases, values and receipts for each item, if possible.
- Place flooded items outside the home. Officials may require disposal of damaged items, but wait for instruction to throw anything in your insurance claim away.
DURING THE VISIT, THE INSURANCE ADJUSTER WILL:
- Examine your damaged goods and property.
- Help determine your final estimate for flood damages.
- Give you a Proof of Loss form. This document is your official claim for damages. It substantiates the insurance claim and is required before the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) can compensate you for flood damage.
- Complete, sign and return the Proof of Loss form to your insurance company within60 days of the flood.
- Once insurance received the form, you and your insurance company agree on the amount of damages, then they will issue payment.
Have Questions? Call Us Today - We're Here To Help
817-595-0004 or 817-595-2506
Follow us on Twitter @SERVPROHEBG
And Facebook/SERVPRO of Grapevine/NE Tarrant Co & HEB