Water Damage in Grapevine, Texas
Recently a home in Grapevine Texas flooded due to a water main break under the foundation. We were called in to begin the restoration process and were able to quickly extract the water to avoid any mold growth and any further damage to building materials. When a home is flooded it is very important to extract the water as soon as possible.
The following list shows a timeline of the effects water can have on a structure:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in it’s path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to crack and swell.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, Windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risk to occupants.
Have any questions? Call Us Today! We here at SERVPRO of Grapevine/NE Tarrant Co. are here to help!