Undetected Water Damage in Your Home
Water doesn’t have to burst from pipes or come from a bad flood to be a problem in your home. Sometimes, undetected water damage can cause the biggest headache. There are five tells that there’s water damage going undetected in your home.
- Stains on walls and ceilings. – Nobody purposefully looks up at their ceiling. However, it is important to thoroughly check the ceilings in your home for stains. There might be a bath tub or shower leak from one floor to the next, or your ceiling could be leaking into the attic.
- Musty or unpleasant smells – Do you smell something musty, or even earthy, in your home? Hidden water can cause mold to grow, and a nasty smell is a good signal that something is wrong.
- Peeling paint – Not only can water stain your walls, but it can also cause the paint to lift. If you see your paint starting to peel, quickly find the source of the problem, or call a professional to fix it.
- Visual Mold Growth – Just like with ceilings, we don’t exactly pay attention to the corners of our homes, but often these small hidden areas can tell us about potentially harmful leaks or spills. Check to see if there are any discolored or fuzzy looking spots in isolated corners or hidden areas.
- Flooring Effects – When allowed to flow, water naturally seeks the lowest level. This is why rivers flow downstream. Water can seep under your flooring and collect – damaging your sub-floors. Check for and warping or deformation to make sure there is no water hiding beneath the floorboards. When this happens, it is important to act as quickly as possible, so we can restore your flooring to good as new.
If you suspect you have water damage, call SERVPRO of Grapevine/NE Tarrant County now! We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 817.595.2506