Mold Prevention for Bathroom
Mold Prevention in Bathroom
Mold in bathrooms is a common problem in almost every home. Excessive moisture and provides the perfect conditions for consistent mold growth. Constantly re-caulking, to keep a growth problem under control, can be time consuming and expensive. The best defense against mold is to prevent it from occurring in the first place. Here are a few tricks to help you stop mold growth in your bathroom:
- Turn on the ventilation fan while you shower and leave it on for 15 minutes after. If you don’t have a fan open a window or use a dehumidifier. Check ventilation fan for dust and debris, clean as needed.
- Leave shower curtain and/or door open to allow air flow dry out the shower/bathtub.
- Use a squeegee after a bath or shower to remove some of the excess moisture.
- Keeping items inside of the bath/shower can hide mold growth as well as collecting water to promote it. Childs bath toys are particularly notorious for growing mold, so be sure to dry them as much as possible and clean them regularly.
- Fix leaky faucets and shower heads.
- Use a shower curtain that can be put in the washing machine. There are also many mold-resistant liners available.
- Check for any other signs of mold in the bathroom under the sink, behind the toilet, etc.
If you are experiencing mold in your bathroom, regardless of how often you clean, please call us here at SERVPRO of Grapevine / N.E. Tarrant County at 817-595-2506 to schedule an appointment!
Helping to make it “Like it never even happened.”