Here's Why You Shouldn't Use Bleach On Mold
Did you know that you should absolutely 100% not use ANY bleach to kill mold? That’s been the common trick for years, you have mold? Use bleach. But that can actually do more harm than good. If you read the label on your bottle of bleach, it’ll probably say don’t use on non-porous surfaces like tile or ceramic. Basically, for bathrooms or kitchen countertops.
Chlorine bleach is diluted with water to make it safer for household use, and it evaporates much faster than normal water does. So, it won’t stick around on surfaces long enough, nor will it seep down into the surface the bleach is on to fully kill all of the mold. Mold has little roots that stretch down into the surface, like a weed. Don’t get all of the root and the mold will come back. The surface may also look clean, but bleach is just doing what it does best: stripping the color. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean its not there.
If you suspect you’ve got mold in your home, give us a call today and we can come out and give you an estimate and a plan of action. 817.595.2506.