Spring Clean Your Space!
Spring is just around the corner – and it seems to be coming sooner rather than later, with temperatures reaching into the 60s by late next week (I definitely plan on giving my car a good deep clean this weekend). It might be a good idea to bring some freshness to your office and do a quick spring cling! Not only will it make you feel better, about not having a cluttered workspace, but you’ll be more productive too!
First, split everything into categories, that’ll help make tackling the task of your once-a-year (let’s be real) declutter easier.
- Personal stuff: Keep your decorative items down to just three to five items at your desk. Small decorations, framed pictures of your dog, or even a plant are all great ways to personalize your space, and it’s definitely okay to do that. Just try not to go overboard with your stuff. If you have lotions, hand sanitizer, or lip balms be sure to keep them in a top shelf.
- Papers: Lots of papers on your desk? Look through it, and If you for sure don’t need them, toss them. If you’re not sure be sure to file them away in the correct spot. Shred papers before you toss them, though.
- Clothing: You don’t need your whole closet at your desk. Keep a sweater or sweatshirt on the back of your chair and your gym bags in a bag under your desk or in the trunk of your car.
- Supplies: What do you use during your day at work? A planner? Pen? Pad of paper? Maybe some sticky notes? Anything you use on a daily basis can stay on your desk, anything else put in a drawer.
- Food: Alright, lets be real, you’re not going to eat the bag of veggie straws you purchased last year. Throw those out and throw out the 74 packets of ketchup you’ve got in your desk too. Throw away your water bottles, wash your dirty coffee mugs, too.
Now that you’ve got that taken care of, give your space a nice deep clean! Wipe down all the surfaces with a disinfectant wipe, use canned air to get all the crumbs from your keyboard, and wipe down your computer screen to get all those annoying finger prints that Janice from accounting keeps leaving when she points at something on your screen. Enjoy your new, freshly organized space!
For all your other office deep cleaning needs, give SERVPRO of Grapevine/NE Tarrant County a call at 817.595.2506!