HVAC Maintenance For Your North Texas Apartment Complex
Engaging a professional HVAC company to do maintenance on your apartment complex HVAC systems at regular intervals throughout the year will ensure that all the heating and cooling units on your property are running as efficiently as possible. Inspection and cleaning of the wiring and mechanisms of all your HVAC units will be completed during a professional service call, and a professional will have the specialized training and experience necessary to do this type of job correctly. The comfort of all interiors and the energy efficiency of the buildings themselves are important to you as the owner, and your tenants, too.
It’s important to ensure that the upkeep that is necessary to prolong the life and efficiency of all the HVAC units in your apartment complex gets done, and done right, and some tasks you can actually complete yourself monthly and seasonally in between your scheduled maintenance call from your professional. These tasks can be:
- Make sure to use high-efficiency, pleated filters when you are replacing them. Filters of this type contain an electrostatic charge that works like a magnet to attract particles, such as dust or those that carry bacteria. Air filters need to be replaced in every unit, every 90 days
- Ensure that your landscaping company doesn’t allow grass to shower on top of any exterior units on the grounds while they are cutting your lawn areas so that you can be sure that your HVAC units stay free of grass clippings as well as leaves and pollen
- Keep at least two feet of space clear around all outdoor heating and cooling units
- Inspect refrigerant lines monthly
- In Summer, turn off the water to the furnace humidifier
- Replace the humidifier filter and turn on the water ahead of the Fall season
- Replace your carbon monoxide detector batteries regularly
- Ensure outdoor AC units are on level, firm, and dry ground
- Clean AC condensate drains with bleach/water mixture on a routine basis
Your professional maintenance company can check all your apartment complex ductwork periodically, too, and this will ensure that everything is sealed properly and ready for your scheduled tune-ups on your apartment complex HVAC systems.
Here at SERVPRO of Grapevine/NE Tarrant County, we make sure we maintain all the training and skill sets that are required for taking care of your HVAC system, and we also handle cleanup projects both large and small. We handle fire damage, water damage, and mold remediation, and we can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!