Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
After finishing our assessment, and we’ve developed a plan of action, we can finally begin the extraction and cleanup process! We will be bringing our extractors that we ride on, yes, we ride on them, which helps to get as much water out as quickly as possible. They can remove water from flooring such as carpet, tile, and hardwood as well as some upholstery. Depending on the severity of your water loss, our technicians will use either truck mounted or high powered portable extractors. The extractors have the ability to remove hundreds, if not thousands of gallons of water quickly – after all, our main goal is to make it “like it never even happened. ®”
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Grapevine / NE Tarrant Co. can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.